Monday, February 13, 2017

Sharon was off on her walk early today.  We had to stay close to the motorhome today because we had called for propane on Friday and got on the list to get it delivered today.
Sharon had her shower and was gone and I waited til she got back before I took my shower.  By noon we were still waiting for the delivery truck.
We waited past noon and had our lunch and then waited some more.
I sat and watched the Telly while I waited for the guy to arrive.  He finally came about 2:30.  We only needed about 19 gallons but we were worried that we might run out like we did last time. That time the truck had a broken fixture and couldn’t deliver.  We had to wait 2 days until we moved out to a different campground before we could refill at the corner.  We ran our space heater during the night just to take the chill off in the morning.  This time the weather has warmed up considerably and the nighttime heater isn’t necessary.
By the time the gas guy got done with our propane it was almost too late to go to pool for the afternoon.  We could have gone but Sharon decided and I agreed that we would be better served if we stayed home. Besides it was almost time to start the cooking for Supper.
We would be having Stuffed Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes and Peas for Supper tonight.  Stuffed Meatballs are a golf-ball size portion of Bread Stuffing wrapped in Ground Beef and then baked in the oven in a bed of Cream of Onion Soup.  They are quite good indeed, and tonight was no different.
After Dinner we settled in for a night of TV watching.  We had enough to record tonight to carry us right through to bedtime.  The recordings also included a stint of Rick and Marty Lagina from “the Curse of Oak Island.”  Rick lives less than a half mile from our house at home.  We’ve been watching that show for the better part of 3 years and they still haven’t found anything substantial.  It’s starting to get a little like Geraldo Rivera’s “Al Capone Safe.”  It turned out to be a big hoax.
We stayed up a little late to watch the Laginas, but then rushed off to make sure we didn’t lose any sleep.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

We were off to Palm Springs this morning to Billy Reed’s Restaurant to Breakfast  with our friends Terry and JoAnne.  The atmosphere of the restaurant is quite classy   and the prices are very reasonable.  Outside the restaurant is a Coy Pond with several large fish swimming around in it.  It was pretty cloudy today, but we’ve seen it when it was quite clear.
Sharon and I both had a Pecan Waffle today which was quite good but a lot of chewing.  It was loaded with Pecans, syrup and whipped cream.  After Breakfast we sat and visited for awhile before we left for home.
We needed to make a stop at Stater Brothers grocery store to pick up a few things on the way home, and there was a store on Vista Chino right on the way home.  Sharon went in by herself and I sat outside and listened to Rush while she was gone.
After we got home we tried to get the main awning down again.  We broke the strap a couple of days ago and were waiting to get a new one when Henry gave us one when we were over there Sunday.  We tried and tried and couldn’t get it unrolled.  We’ll have to tape it up to make the trip back home where I can get up there with a ladder and fix it.
We sat around for a couple of hours and then decided to go to the pool for awhile.  The weather was nice and calm this morning but now the wind was starting to pick up.
We had the pool all to ourselves when we got there, but after a half hour, more people started to show up. There was about a dozen by the time we left about 4:30.,
We got back home and Sharon whipped up some burgers and Corn on the Cob for Supper tonight.  We hadn’t had any Corn on the Cob since last Summer so even though they were a little tough, they were still a nice surprise.
Our entertainment for the night was our TV again.  We had a bunch of regular shows on tonight that would be recorded and will keep us up until time to retire.  Another episode of “The Curse of Oak Island” would be our last regular, before we take leave of the TV and head to bed.  Tuesday night retirement time is always at 11.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

This would be another Taco Wednesday today.  We would be going with Terry and JoAnne and Henry and Arlene.  We’ll pick up Henry and Arlene on the way since they’re just down the road from us.  We’re assuming that Terry and JoAnne will already be there when we arrive, since they’re always early.  And true to form they were there when we arrived.
I’m getting a little tired of going to the VFW every Wednesday.  It’s not that I don’t enjoy myself while I’m there, but I don’t enjoy the feeling I get after drinking the beer, and the food all tastes the same after a while.  It’s not that I’ll quit going, cause I enjoy the get-together.
After we got home I noticed a leak under the motorhome.  It was behind the front wheel and I just assumed that it may have been the transmission.
After we got home Sharon decided to take a little nap and I camped out in front of the TV.  While she was napping I went outside and crawled under the motorhome and confirmed that it was transmission fluid that was leaking.  I got a container out of one of our compartments and put it under the leak.  It didn’t seem to be leaking that bad about a drip every 4 minutes or so.
Sharon woke up after that and came out to watch TV.  It wasn’t long before I nodded off for a little snooze myself.  And as long as I was sleeping, she headed back to bed again.  We both got up around Suppertime when we got hungry.
We fended for ourselves since there was nothing cooking in the pot.  And neither of us wanted anything to be cooking in the pot.  Sharon had a Pastrami Sandwich for Supper and I had a couple of Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches.  It was certainly good enough for the both of us.
We had lots of good TV on tonight and the DVR was going full force tonight.  We had something to watch every hour tonight, and didn’t have to surf to find something.  Sometimes we have spaces between programs that we have to fill with something else.  Tonight was a banter night not having to search for anything.  We still only stayed in our seats until 10:30 before we headed for the bed.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

We got up this morning having already decided I would go to Urgent Care again this morning since my ear was not clearing up.  We decided as long as we were there we would go out for lunch and do a little shopping at the same time. 
We got to town about 1 PM and stopped at McDonald’s for lunch. After we left we stopped at Von’s to do our grocery shopping for the next couple of days.  While Sharon was in Von’s, I went to the Chinese Bakery to pick up a couple of Apple Bear Claws, in the Stater Brothers Mall.
From there we went to Urgent Care only to find out that they were closed until 2 PM for lunch.  So we went to Walgreen’s to pick up a few more items that I needed over the next week, particularly eye lubricant that I use at night.  And by that time it was almost two so we went back to Urgent Care.  There was a couple of people ahead of me in line by that time so we just waited until the door opened.
As it turned out, when the nurse came out to get me she took me to a room and explained how busy they were, and that she would give my chart to the PA, and they would call me with prescriptions and instructions.  True to their word I got a call later telling me to pick up my scripts at Walgreen’s.  But then I got a call from Walgreen’s saying they were having a problem with my insurance payment.  I didn’t get a call back  so I guess they must have solved it.
We didn’t go back into town to pick them up because we were going into town for Breakfast tomorrow anyway.  I also had to pick up an additive for a transmission leak that I discovered under the motorhome.  If it isn’t one thing it’s another.
After we got home Sharon decided to take one of those old people’s naps.  I, on the other hand was bright eyed and bushy-tailed.
She did get up on time to cook Supper for us tonight.  We were going to have left-over Stuffed Meatballs tonight with Peas for me and Green Beans for her.  It was a very good Dinner to say the least.  Probably because it’s one of my favorites.
After Dinner we settled in place for the night’s entertainment, having forgotten again about the Card Bingo game happening at Catalina tonight.  We seemed to have enough to take us to bedtime, however, realtime and DVR.

Friday, February 17, 2017

We were off to the Cottage Too this morning for Breakfast with Henry and Arlene and meeting up with Terry and JoAnne.  We picked up Henry and Arlene and they announced on the way that they were leaving tomorrow.  It was a surprise since we thought that they took care of everything last week.  Henry’s mother had passed away and Henry was executor of the estate.  He talked to his brother, his one and only sibling, last week and it seemed that they cancelled their trip home.  But they were only staying for a few more days on their regular schedule anyway.  So while they surprised us with the change of news, it really wasn’t a shock.
We had a nice final Breakfast with the LeDucs and when we left the restaurant we had to make a couple of stops on the way home.  I noticed a leak in the transmission the other day and I wanted to stop and get some kind of Stop/Leak product at the Autosome store. We also had to make a top at Walgreen’s to pick up a couple of scripts for me.  I’m still having the problem with my plugged up ear.  We made our two stops without any glitches and arrived at Henry and Arlene’s campground to drop them off.  We said our good-byes and gave our hugs and then we were off to home.
Sharon took a nice little nap today before Supper. But she was up Johnny-on-the-spot to cook our Supper which was going to be Crab Cakes and Fried Potatoes.  Sharon looked around, and because it was Friday, for the ingredients to make this Supper.  She was surprised to find she had everything she needed for it to come off.  She whipped it up and it came out very good.  We even had wine to chase it all down.  I had purchased an Apple Bear Claw the other day when we went shopping, so we shared that for dessert.
Friday is a wonderful night for watching TV and we camped out in front of the tube for the whole night.  After we got done watching regular programming, I turned the channel to watch th rest of The Hateful Eight.  I recorded it a few days ago and watched part of it while Sharon was napping today.  I finished it up later tonight.  It was a very dark and strange movie.

Saturday, February 18, 2017

There was no Breakfast being held at Two Springs Resort this morning so I took matters into my own hands.  I decided that I was going to have pancakes this morning so I retrieved the frying pan from the cupboard.  I don’t mind making my own Breakfast because then I know what I can expect.  I would be making my “special recipe” pancake and sausage.  It actually turned out very good.  I usually do it without Sharon’s co-operation because she seldom likes to eat Breakfast in a conventional manner.
After Breakfast I went out and dumped our holding tank and tried to find the leak that I had determined was coming from the transmission.  It wasn’t leaking fast enough to pinpoint where it was coming from so the bottles I had brought out to catch the oil remained unused. After that it started to rain and ruined my chance to find and catch the leak.  It continued raining for most of the afternoon confining us to the inside of the motorhome for the day.
We caught up on most of the cable channel recordings we had on tape this afternoon.
Sharon took a little nap this afternoon but got up in time to make us a pan of Lasagna for Supper.  We also had a salad and little Garlic Rolls to finish off the meal.  Everything was superb.  I told Sharon I was going to keep her for awhile if she keeps cooking meals like that.  It’s something I tell her all the time.
I watched TV all afternoon today since it was raining for most of the day and I had no inclination to go anywhere or do anything.
Afternoon slipped into evening and I was still planted in the same chair for the night.  Although it was Saturday, and a lousy TV night, We managed to find enough to watch to keep us entertained.  The DVR was running full-time tonight to take us to bedtime.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sharon was off to church this morning and I was headed for the TV to watch my Sunday morning shows.  This morning Rush Limbaugh was making an appearance on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace.  I’ve anxiously awaited this show for the past week.
I ate my Breakfast before sitting down in front of the TV.  In the meantime I got a call from Sharon informing me that the ladies at church had made Tamales today.  She knew enough to pick up a couple for lunch.  We had a couple leftover from last Sunday that we would add to the new ones for a whole lunch.
The interview of Rush was a very good one and I enjoyed it immensely.  He doesn’t do many interviews so each one is a prize.  He always makes so much common sense it’s hard to argue with him.
By this time Sharon was back from shopping and in plenty of time for lunch.  We finished up the Tamales and they were all still very good.  She had picked up a bunch of stuff at K-Mart while she was shopping. She even came home with Girl Scout cookies in tow, that she bought in front of K-Mart.
I sat around this afternoon just watching TV there were a lot of reruns on but I also managed to find some shows I hadn’t seen before.  I also watched a movie that Sharon said she didn’t want to see, called Fifty Shades of Grey.  It was an OK movie but not something I’d see again.  It wasn’t john Wayne interesting or exciting.  I got to watch it while Sharon was taking a little nap for herself.  She’s taking one hour power naps now thanks to me.
She was up in time to make Lasagna for Supper tonight.  She managed to get it done right at 5 and in time for us.  She also had a salad and some Garlic Buns to round it all out.  Everything turned out just wonderful and it had been a long time since we had Lasagna
After Dinner we plopped down din front of the tube for the rest of the night.  We had some regulars on tonight and when we finished up with them, we surfed to find something for the rest of the night.  It’s always a chore finding enough to watch at night since the programs come on so early out here.  If you only watched straight TV you’d be done with programming at 8PM.  Fallon and Colbert come on at 8:30 every night.  And who could watch them every night.  We made it again, however, to 10:30 and were happy to do so.